Thursday, February 16, 2012

2012 - New Look with New Accessory

camwhoring HAHAHA!


Today, Feb 16 2012, I debut my new look with my brand new glasses picked up last night by the hubby. Still trying to adapt & balance...you know when you put them on, you feel imbalanced something like that...

The hubby happily made fun of me last night when he said, "ambik masa nak adjust...jgn paksa, kang jatuh longkang..." and he giggled...sukanyaaa dia! He would say..."biasa lah umur dah nak masuk 40 nie mmg camtu" ok ok...

After postponing for few weeks, finally I made it to England Optical Alam Sentral to get my glasses last Saturday, accompanied by hubby & the kids. The reason going there simply because the hubby got his glasses there too.

Got my eyes checked, the reading was:
Right eye = 100
Left eye = 175

This should be the accurate one than the one I did before at another optical shop (R=125, L=225). The girl recommended few frames & I sangat berkenan with the first one she showed me, which is the one I'm wearing. It is full-framed (coz I find half-framed not suitable on my face) with frame color of maroonish & pinkish.

Tried few times just to be satisfied. The hubby said "Ok sesuai" but kids, when asked how did Mama look, they said Mama nampak garang lah...macam Guru Disiplin lah...macam Guru Besar lah...sabar je makcik.

Once confirmed what type of glass I wanted, went for another test. The one looking at the alphabet projected on the wall thingy. Ok done. Made payment & was advised that the glasses will be ready on Monday. Unfortunately they were only ready for pick-up yesterday (Wed, Feb 15 2012).

So last night, I finally got my glasses. Tried watching TV with them, images & writings look sharper...ok ok. But still getting a slight headache lah. The eyes must be working really hard to adjust the focus with the new glasses.

My vision problem was first realized mid of last year, when I no longer could clearly see the writings on billboards while driving home from work at nights. Besides the age factor, the lengthy amount of time used staring at pc & laptop monitors must have worsened the problem. Of course...can't argue with that since I spend most of the day at work, in front of my laptop. And as if that is not enough, spend more time in front of my home PC surfing internet at nights (screw all these social medias...facebook, twitter, blogspot, youtube etc HAHAHA).

Rabun jauh...it's short-sightedness lah kan...

"Short-sightedness causes distant objects to appear blurry and unfocused, whereas close objects stay in focus."

For the time being, I put my glasses on & off...still adapting. Will be using them occasionally i.e. when driving home at night. Tried using them while working on the computer but cannot tahan lah...isk...so the glasses end up either on my table or ku biarkan bertenggek atas kepalaku (refer images above).

It's true what people say...age is finally catching up. Definitely true to me in this case.

No comments: